Replacing your air filter is essential for keeping your AC system working. Not only does an air filter affect your unit’s cooling power, and your family’s comfort, but it also impacts the quality of air your family is breathing and can even send energy bills skyrocketing. At Del-Air Heating & Air Conditioning, we are passionate about helping homeowners save money while staying comfortable in their homes. Keep the air flowing freely through the unit and keep your home comfortable with these five tips from Del-Air, leaders in AC service in Tampa.
- Determine your filter replacement frequency: As a homeowner, you might not know that different air filter types have different lifespans. As a result, they need to be changed at various frequencies. Neglecting to change your filter at the appropriate time could affect the quality of air your family is breathing and even increase the frequency with which you suffer from colds and allergy symptoms.
- Buy your air filters in bulk: Air filters probably aren’t a typical item on your shopping list. To ensure you always have a filter on hand, consider buying these essential items in bulk.
- Get in the routine of changing the filters on schedule: Dirty filters wreak havoc on your AC system. Not only does neglecting to change your filter impact efficiency, making your system work harder to do the same job, but it can also result in you having to buy a new AC sooner rather than later. We recommend changing them every month when your power bill comes in.
- Always use a correctly sized air filter: A filter that’s properly sized for your AC system will achieve better results than one that is too large or too small. In fact, undersized filters can allow dust and debris to enter around the edges. If you aren’t sure what size filter you have, simply remove it and examine the dimensions. In most cases, the length, height, and width are printed on the filter’s side.
- Don’t guess when it comes to replacing the air filter: Not sure how best to complete your air filter replacement? Call the professionals at Del-Air for assistance.
Trust Your AC Maintenance to Del-Air
At Del-Air Heating & Air Conditioning, exceeding customer expectations is our primary goal. We believe that proper maintenance is crucial for optimal AC function and to help you avoid AC service in Tampa. With that in mind, we help remind families to change their AC’s air filters as part of their normal routines. Additionally, we carry filters in all the normal sizes and supply custom and odd sizes upon request. For more information on Del-Air’s maintenance services, please call 866-796-4874, or contact our climate control controls pros today.