Your air conditioning ductwork is one of the most important components of the system in that it transfers air to your living spaces. When the duct system is compromised, and requires air conditioning repair in Tampa, the integrity of your HVAC system is negatively affected. Here are five signs your ductwork may need to be replaced:
- Some rooms in your home are too hot or too cold: Does your AC offer insufficient or uneven cooling? If your air ducts are bent or crimped in places, they may not be able to provide adequate airflow to certain rooms. As a result, you could be spending a bundle on energy bills without reaping the benefits of greater home comfort.
- Your equipment needs frequent repairs and your energy bills are going up: High energy bills are one of the most common signs that your AC ducts aren’t doing their job. If your ducts are leaking air, you will have to run the system longer and harder to replace the loss. The added wear-and-tear may cause your HVAC system to need extra repairs.
- Your home has an excessive dust problem: If your air ducts are old and clogged with debris, they may be expelling dust onto your floors and furniture. Additionally, dusty air can wreak havoc on your family’s allergy symptoms.
- Your home has humidity problems: Outdoor air can invade your home through cracks in the air ducts. This heat and humidity gets transferred right into the air your family is breathing.
- The age of your home is more than 10-15 years old: If your home is older, your duct system may not be airtight. Think about replacing it to get the most out of your HVAC performance while keeping your family comfortable year round. Please keep in mind that if if your home is more than 10 years old, and the original AC unit remains, it most likely has a low SEER rating and is not as efficient as newer models, which will contribute significantly to your energy bills.
Trust Del-Air to Handle Your Ductwork
If you suspect your ducts may need to be replaced, requiring air conditioning repair in Tampa, contact Del-Air today. Based in Florida, we provide a full range of services to keep your ducts clean and your family cool in the home. For more information about our services, call 866-796-4874, or contact our AC experts online.