With the new year comes the chance to save on your energy bill. Del-Air, a leader in AC service in Tampa, has seven ways that you can save money without sacrificing your home’s comfort in 2016.
- Keep up with routine maintenance: When was the last time you invited your AC technician over for a tune-up? While maintenance might seem like an unnecessary expense, the truth is that regular service can add years to the life of your system while cutting down on the cost of repairs.
- Operate your system on efficient and stable temperatures: Just as it’s important not to turn your thermostat down too low in the summer or too hot in the winter, it’s crucial that you keep your system at a stable temperature as much as possible. After all, when you change settings too often, you force your AC system to work harder to compensate.
- Seal possible air leaks in the home: It’s not enough to seal up air leaks during the cold winter months. The fact is that Florida residents also lose climate-controlled air, and money, during the summer season. For best results, seal up possible air infiltration problems all year long.
- Beef up your insulation: Along with sealing leaks, homeowners should insulate their attics to prevent energy loss. You don’t want the air you paid dearly to cool escaping through non-insulated spaces in your property.
- Turn down the thermostat on chilly nights: Save energy by turning your thermostat up a few degrees in summer and down a few in winter. You can save money without significantly affecting your home’s comfort.
- Use a programmable thermostat: Programmable thermostats might be an expense in the short term. However, in the long run, they can help you cut energy costs just by allowing you to set temperatures higher when you’re at work or school and lower when you’re home.
- Change your air filters once a month: If you want to improve the efficiency of your AC, along with the quality of air your family is breathing, be sure to change your air filters regularly.
Don’t Let High Energy Bills Get You Down
For even more ideas on how to save money on your energy bills, please browse the Del-Air blogs. Our highly knowledgeable technicians are up to date on the latest technologies to keep your home comfortable and your utility costs down. And with more than 300-fully stocked trucks in our fleet, you won’t ever have to wait around for AC service in Tampa. Call today at 866-796-4874, or contact Del-Air online for emergency AC service when you need it most.