If you live in Florida, you know all about hot, muggy weather. At Del-Air Heating & Air Conditioning, not only are we committed to helping your family keep cool in the Florida heat, but it’s also our goal to help you save money on Tampa air conditioning services and your energy bill. Because energy conservation involves more than just air conditioning, here are some of the quickest and most effective ways to help you trim costs, and gain control over the energy usage in your home.
- Set your thermostat to 78 degrees and make sure your fan setting is switched to “auto.”
- If you’re leaving your home, try raising your thermostat to 82 degrees or warmer.
- During the winter, set your thermostat to 68 degrees, with the fan switched to “auto.” To lower your costs even more, drop your thermostat down to 65 degrees or cooler at night or when you’re out of the house.
- Clean or replace the filter in your air conditioning unit regularly which will help it run more efficiently and cut down on your cooling costs.
- If you have a swimming pool, try and limit the amount of time you run the pump each day.
- Try reducing your water heater temperature to 120 degrees, which is the temperature setting recommended by the U.S. Department of Energy.
- When you leave a room, turn the ceiling fan off before you go. A fan that runs constantly can cost homeowners up to $7 a month.
- If you have old, high-flow showerheads, replace them with more water-efficient models to lower your monthly water bill.
- Adjust your washing machine’s water level to match the size of each load, especially when using hot water. And always cold-rinse your clothes!
- Clean out the lint filter in your clothes dryer before each load to cut drying times. Also, if your dryer has an auto sensor function, turn it on to keep clothes from over-drying and wasting energy.
Let Del-Air Help You Save on Your HVAC Bill
Tampa air conditioning services provider Del-Air is more than happy to visit your home and see what changes can be made to your AC unit to optimize your energy savings. For more info, call us at (866) 796-4874 orcontact our HVAC experts online.