With the new year comes the chance to save on your energy bill. Del-Air,
a leader in
AC service in Tampa, has seven ways that you can save money without sacrificing your home’s
comfort in 2016.
- Keep up with routine maintenance: When was the last time you invited your
AC technician over for a tune-up? While maintenance might seem like an
unnecessary expense, the truth is that regular service can add years to
the life of your system while cutting down on the cost of repairs.
- Operate your system on efficient and stable temperatures: Just as it’s
important not to turn your thermostat down too low in the summer or too
hot in the winter, it’s crucial that you keep your system at a stable
temperature as much as possible. After all, when you change settings too
often, you force your AC system to work harder to compensate.
- Seal possible air leaks in the home: It’s not enough to seal up air
leaks during the cold winter months. The fact is that Florida residents
also lose climate-controlled air, and money, during the summer season.
For best results, seal up possible air infiltration problems all year long.
- Beef up your insulation: Along with sealing leaks, homeowners should insulate
their attics to prevent energy loss. You don’t want the air you
paid dearly to cool escaping through non-insulated spaces in your property.
- Turn down the thermostat on chilly nights: Save energy by turning your
thermostat up a few degrees in summer and down a few in winter. You can
save money without significantly affecting your home’s comfort.
- Use a programmable thermostat: Programmable thermostats might be an expense
in the short term. However, in the long run, they can help you cut energy
costs just by allowing you to set temperatures higher when you’re
at work or school and lower when you’re home.
- Change your air filters once a month: If you want to improve the efficiency
of your AC, along with the quality of air your family is breathing, be
sure to change your air filters regularly.
Don’t Let High Energy Bills Get You Down
For even more ideas on how to save money on your energy bills, please browse the
Del-Air blogs. Our highly knowledgeable technicians are up to date on the latest technologies
to keep your home comfortable and your utility costs down. And with more
than 300-fully stocked trucks in our fleet, you won’t ever have
to wait around for
AC service in Tampa. Call today at (855) 972-9943, or
contact Del-Air online for emergency AC service when you need it most.