Now that 2016 is officially here, how about taking some action to make your home truly energy efficient, while helping you save money on your energy bills? A leader in AC service in Tampa, Del-Air, offers the following five tips to help you get started on becoming more energy efficient in 2016.
- Install ceiling fans: If you want to improve your energy efficiency in the upcoming months, consider installing ceiling fans in the home. Doing this circulates the air while keeping attics and other spaces well ventilated.
- Replace your AC unit’s filters once a month: When was the last time you changed out your AC’s air filters? Neglecting to clean out dust and dirt from these system components means your unit has to work harder to achieve the same cooling results. We recommend once a month. When your energy bill arrives, make it a habit to change your filter, too.
- Use a programmable thermostat: If you don’t have a programmable thermostat, it might be worth purchasing one. By presetting your AC for the times while you’re at work or asleep, you can save money on your utility bills.
- Seal and insulate your home, including the attics and baseboards: Cracks around pipes, wires, and various vents can allow conditioned air to escape during the summer months and cooler air to seep in during the cooler ones. For best results, seal these areas using foam or other materials.
- Seal and insulate your windows and doors: Openings around windows and doorframes can let the cold air in during the winter months. Use weather stripping to keep utility bills on the lower.
Save on Energy Costs with Del-Air
With utility rates on the rise, Florida residents are doing everything in their power to cut costs while working to preserve the environment. For more information on how you can save money on your energy bills in 2016, pleasebrowse the rest of the Del-Air blog, or call (855) 972-9943 to schedule an appointment for AC service in Tampa.