In an effort to better serve our planet, many people are considering all the ways in which their actions affect the environment and rekindle efforts to reduce their carbon footprints. To help their customers, Tampa AC service leaders at Del-Air are offering suggestions to help local families boost energy efficiency in their own homes. Not only do energy conservation efforts help save our planet, but they also result in significant savings on your monthly utility bills. Here are 10 great tips for home energy conservation:
- Want to reduce energy waste in the home? Take time to seal air leaks by insulating doors, windows, and attics. In the long run, sealing leaks can reduce heating and cooling bills by 20 percent.
- Do you have a bad habit of leaving lights on when you leave a room? To reduce energy usage, double check a room to ensure you remembered to turn off lights, televisions, and other appliances.
- Your window shades don’t just provide privacy; they also block out light and heat from the sun. In the long run, closing your shades in summer and opening them in winter can go a long way towards reducing overall energy bills.
- Do you have a tendency to blast your AC while you’re at work? A programmable thermostat lets you pre-set temperatures based on your unique schedule. By turning your thermostat up a few degrees when you’re sleeping or at work, you can save up to 10 percent on annual cooling costs.
- How old is your current home cooling system? If you’ve had your AC for more than 12 years, the odds are good that it isn’t cooling your home efficiently. Consider replacing your system with an Energy Star product. Along with reducing electric bills, these units may qualify your family for a tax credit for the coming year.
- Want to take the sting out of your energy bill? Replace old light bulbs with newer, more energy-efficient halogen incandescence. Studies show that these lights reduce energy consumption by a third.
- You probably know that cleaning your furnace filters helps your system perform better. However, you may not realize cleaning and changing filters also reduces energy bills. After all, a dirty filter slows the flow of air and forces the system to work harder to achieve the same goals.
- Everyone loves taking hot showers on cold mornings. However, you can save serious amounts of energy by reducing the water heater temperature to 130° F and wrapping the storage tank in a cover designed to retain heat.
- Many people think that hot water is necessary to get clothes clean. However, the fact is that cold water can do the job just as well. Wash your clothes in cold water and watch the savings stack up.
- High water bills got your down? Switch out your current faucets and shower heads for low-flow models and see your water costs plummet.
Contact Del-Air to Reduce Your HVAC Bills
It’s no secret that energy costs are on the rise. In fact, studies show that heating and cooling costs homeowners $1000 a year. At Del-Air, we are committed to helping homeowners reduce energy spending without sacrificing their family’s comfort. That’s why we offer a wide selection of Energy Star products designed to cut cooling costs by as much as 50 percent. For more tips on how to save money through energy efficiency, browse the Del-Air blog, or call to speak to a member of Tampa AC service providers, Del-Air, at (855) 972-9943 .