- Kill-Ur-Watts (free): This useful app shows homeowners their energy consumption rates in order to help them change bad habits and boost savings. Not only is the app free, but it also offers great suggestions for cutting energy spend.
- Wiser EMS (free): Like Kill-Ur-Watts, Wiser EMS is an app that showcases energy usage with helpful charts and graphs. However, it also provides infographics for you to view and download. Seeing this information laid out in visual form can be a great spur for changing your habits.
- Energy Cost Calculator (free): Wondering if you’re running too many appliances at once? Use this app to assess your energy spend and determine the cost of one kilowatt hour of electricity. By turning off a few unnecessary appliances during the day, you can go a long way toward cutting your utility costs.
- Nest Mobile (free): You may have heard of this awesome app that lets you adjust your thermostat from other rooms—and even other cities—using nothing but your iPhone. Additionally, Nest products provide monitoring for smoke and carbon monoxide, so you can rest assured knowing your family is safe when you can’t be there (you must have the Nest thermostat installed).
- Total Connect Comfort by Honeywell (free): Another great app for controlling and checking temps, this Honeywell product provides homeowners with alerts about their systems to help cut energy spend. Additionally, you can view temperatures inside and outside the home to make more appropriate decisions regarding your settings (you must have the Honeywell Wi-Fi thermostat installed).
It’s no secret that energy costs can be significant, particularly in hot climates like ours, forcing our air conditioning to work pretty much all year. At Del-Air Heating, Air Conditioning and Plumbing, we want to reduce utility bills without forcing your family to sacrifice its comfort during the sweltering Florida summers. To that end, we are constantly looking for the newest tips and tricks for minimizing costs. Being smart and green go hand-in-hand with these apps designed to help you save energy on your monthly bills.