As Florida residents ourselves, the technicians at Del-Air Heating and Air Conditioning understand how important a working system is for maintaining your family’s comfort throughout the year. And while central air conditioning has revolutionized home cooling, even the best AC systems are bound to break down on occasion, needing AC repair in Tampa. Although there are hundreds of reasons that your home’s central AC may require services, there are 5 problems that account for a majority of climate control failures, and here they are:
- Faulty wiring. Not only does poor AC wiring pose a possible fire hazard, but it can also prevent the system from getting the power it needs to operate. Additionally, wiring can trip the circuit breaker if too much current is passing through it.
- Low refrigerant. Also known as freon, refrigerant is the chemical used to cool the air within an air conditioning system. In a working AC system, freon should last indefinitely. If your refrigerant levels are unusually low, the problem could be a leak or other problem affecting your AC.
- Outside fan breakdown. Is the fan on your outside AC unit no longer working? A broken fan could prevent heat transfer from occurring. As a result, the AC compressor may overheat and trip the safety overload for your system. Additionally, a broken fan can lead to higher energy bills, as the system can’t reject heat effectively.
- Outside unit malfunction. If the entire outdoor unit of your AC system is malfunctioning, the problem may be related to the power components. To test for fault with the motor or compressor, lower the thermostat by five degrees and see if the system turns on. If you are still experiencing problems, you should arrange for a professional consultation ASAP.
- Frozen coil. While it may seem like a small matter, a frozen coil can suggest airflow issues affecting overall system efficiency. In the long run, operating a frozen AC can cause irreversible damage to the compressor. For best results, arrange for regular maintenance so any icing of the evaporator coil is detected early, when repairs are less expensive.
Call the Experts at Del-Air for AC Maintenance: If you’re in need of service or AC repair in Tampa, you can trust the experts at Del-Air to help. Our goal is to detect issues in their early stages, when repairing them is less costly. To that end, we utilize a 20-point maintenance checklist to keep your AC system functioning at top capacity. Ready to book your annual maintenance appointment? Call today at (855) 972-9943 or contact the team at Del-Air online.