One of the functions of a
Tampa air conditioning unit, besides providing comfort, is its ability to help remove dust and
other particles from the air. By keeping dirt and other allergens in check, AC systems work to improve the quality of the air your family is breathing. However, dusting is still required, and many homeowners make the mistake of first dusting the whole home and then vacuuming. Here are some tips on how you can use your AC to keep your air clean and your home dust-free:
- Before starting to dust or vacuum, make sure the fan on your thermostat is set to “ON.” Doing this ensures the blower stays on even if the system isn’t actively heating or cooling. By sucking air in through the vents, the blower will catch airborne dust, removing it from the air your family is breathing.
- Dust higher level places first, like fan blades and high lamps. If you wait to dust the higher areas, you might wind up sprinkling dust down onto the lower sections of the home that have already been cleaned.
- After dusting the high areas, it’s time to start vacuuming. As you vacuum, the agitator kicks up dust, which can be pulled in through the vents to get caught in the filter. Doing this allows you to clean the air in your home as you clean your floors. On the other hand, if you dust everything before vacuuming, you will be undoing all your hard work.
- Next, dust everything else you didn’t dust before. Keep the AC’s fan on for about 10-15 minutes after you finish dusting.
- After dusting, don’t forget to turn the fan setting back to “AUTO.” The blower isn’t meant to be used constantly and doing so can run up your electricity bill.
Improve Your Air Quality With Help From Del-Air
If you still feel like you are in a never-ending battle with dust, you may have leaky ducts. Call Del-Air today to schedule an appointment with one of our knowledgeable technicians. With more than 300 fully-stocked trucks at the ready, we promise you won’t ever have to wait long for service for your Tampa air conditioning. Whether you need an emergency repair or basic AC maintenance, Del-Air has you covered.