- Take referrals. Word-of-mouth is the best way to discover a product or service that you’ll end up liking. Family and friends are a great resource for giving out referrals of HVAC companies they’ve used in the past.
- Ask for references. A professional technician will gladly give up information on his experience and quality of work.
- Learn the laws. Make yourself familiar with state regulations regarding HVAC and make sure your contractor follow them.
- Get an estimate. A reputable contractor will evaluate your home’s HVAC system, from the ductwork to its energy efficiency.
- Gather multiple bids. Comparing prices against quality is a must. Just remember that the cheapest bid may not necessarily end up being the best deal if the caliber of products and service are not up to par.
- Have the proposal in writing. Before the HVAC technician touches your property, get a copy of the work proposal in writing to make sure everything stays according to plan.
So far, your home’s air conditioning has been running well this summer. However, you still have to anticipate when something may go wrong with the HVAC system, from the thermostat not reading properly to the entire unit seizing up. Most homeowners are not able to fix major AC issues themselves, so it is a good idea ahead of time to seek an expert HVAC contractor who can perform AC repair in Orlando. Don’t have anyone on hand you can call? Follow this guide to choosing an HVAC technician who can repair your air conditioning system fast and dependably.