In the middle of summer in Orlando, one of the last things you want to happen is to have your home’s air conditioning unit fizzle out on you. A non-working unit is the kind of AC repair Orlando homeowners don’t look forward to dealing with. That means it’s time to call a trustworthy HVAC technician at Del-Air. But, first, you must prepare yourself for the visit. Here are some tips on how to handle the situation:
- Identify the problem. You’ll want to be able to describe the AC issue to the person who takes your service call. Share any instances of odd noises, smells or other behaviors that may be relayed to the HVAC technician.
- Locate the necessary equipment. Of course, the HVAC technician will need access to your air conditioning unit. But may also have to show him where the circuit breaker and thermostat are. This will save everyone from having to search for these components.
- Make the equipment accessible. Clear a path to all equipment associated with the HVAC system whether located in the basement, closet, garage or crawlspace. It should be easy for the AC expert to get to the equipment.
- Know the brand name and model number of your air conditioning unit. Having the model and brand names and model numbers readily available for the HVAC technician can help him match up part before he arrives at your home.
- Have payment ready. When the repairs on your AC unit are complete, be ready to pay for the services.
When your air conditioning unit breaks, you’ll want it fixed as quickly as possible — so you should help out your HVAC technician as much as he’ll help you, by being prepared for the service call. For AC repair Orlando residents can rely on, contact Del-Air at(855) 972-9943.