At Del-Air, we hire only licensed contractors with the skill and experience to handle a wide array of AC system problems and concerns. However, not all AC companies adhere to the same standards, and many technicians are less than honest with their clients. How do you avoid being scammed by a contractor for your Tampa AC repair? Here are a few commonly used cons and tricks in the AC industry that are easy to spot, provided you know what words and phrases to look out for:
- All you need is more refrigerant. If your refrigerant is low, you need more than a refill. In fact, a shortage of this vital fluid suggests that your system has a leak somewhere that requires fixing. Remember: a functional AC system should circulate refrigerant, not burn through it.
- Yes, this maintenance tune-up is free. Many AC companies offer free tune-ups, but they come with a serious caveat. In fact, dishonest technicians often use this trick to get in the door. Once they inspect your unit, these individuals are not above “finding” parts in need of repair and recommending costly maintenance.
- I need full payment upfront for this job. A down-payment is one thing, but reputable AC companies don’t tend to ask for payment in full. If your AC technician asks for cash before the job is done, think about taking your business elsewhere.
- We don’t need a contract. An AC worker should always provide you with a contract, including start and finish dates, necessary materials, and any penalties the company will incur for failing to complete the work on time.
- I found more problems with your AC unit. Homeowners should never sign off on costly repairs without asking to see the broken parts. On the other hand, if a contractor has already replaced the part in question, request to see the broken one.
Trust Your AC Repair to Del-Air
The best way to avoid being taken advantage of when hiring a Tampa AC repair company is to do your research and find a reputable company, such as Del-Air. In the AC business for more than 30 years, we have the skill and experience to handle everything from basic tune-ups to middle-of-the-night emergency repairs. And unlike our competitors, we never charge for overtime visits. Call us today at (855) 972-9943 for your AC work, or contact us online.