Unlicensed contractors lack the experience and training to do the job correctly.
Their financial stability and longevity are also questionable. A leading
Florida HVAC company, we are passionate about helping people find the quality
Tampa AC repair they deserve. Here are seven signs that your HVAC contractor is operating
without a license:
- The ads they run and their work vehicles do not include the contractor’s
license number. The fact is that many states require licensed contractors
to display their business names, addresses, and contractor numbers on
their vehicles. A company that doesn’t adhere to this regulation
may have something to hide.
- A large down-payment is required before work begins, or contractors attempt
to collect funds during the early phases of AC installation. Respectable
contractors provide estimates upfront and don’t demand payment until
after the job is done.
- You are asked to obtain the permit. The contractor should take out the
permit before work begins rather than leaving you on the hook.
- The contractor is unwilling to put all of the terms in writing and prefers
a verbal agreement. Any decent HVAC tech will give you a written estimate.
In fact, Del-Air offers free quotes and a 100% satisfaction guarantee
- The HVAC technician does not have proof of insurance. Even if you have
homeowner’s insurance, it probably doesn’t cover personal
injury cases involving contractors. Don’t put your family at risk
by hiring someone who isn’t insured.
- The contractor will not give any references or referrals. Why would you
choose an HVAC professional who can’t back up his or her skills
with testimonials from happy customers?
- You are told to make the check payable to an individual name or asked to
make all payments in cash. If your HVAC technician doesn’t take
credit cards, he or she probably doesn’t work for a licensed company.
Don’t Let Just Anyway Handle Your HVAC Unit
Be sure you use an experienced, licensed professional for your air conditioning
and heating needs, such as one of the technicians at Del-Air. Our incredible
staff includes more than 400 technicians, all of whom are licensed to
work on your HVAC system. Additionally, we perform thorough background
checks on all employees, ensuring they are fully screened for your protection.
To schedule a
Tampa AC repair with our team, call (855) 972-9943 today, orcontact Del-Air online.