As Florida residents, we at Del-Air know how important a working Tampa air conditioning unit is to your family’s health and wellness. Similarly, house hunters might see a malfunctioning air conditioner as a deal-breaker in a climate this hot and humid. If you are planning to sell your home this year, be sure that your air conditioning unit doesn’t cause any problems with your home’s inspection. Here are some things you need to do so that your AC unit passes inspection and prospective homeowners don’t pass you by:
- Change Your Filter: When was the last time you changed your AC filter? If it’s been awhile, you might want to consider doing so before you put your home up for sale. Not only do filters catch dirt and debris, easing the burden on your system, but they also help reduce overall energy costs. In the long run, changing your filters is a key step toward extending the lifespan of your unit.
- Get a Programmable Thermostat: Want to add value to your home while improving your family’s quality of life? Consider installing a programmable thermostat. These devices offer numerous benefits including the ability to boost your home’s comfort while reducing energy spend. Additionally, many models allow you to adjust the temperature remotely from a mobile device if you forget to do so while at home.
- Clean the Area Around Your Outside Unit: Dirt and debris can clog your AC’s outdoor component and prevent the system from functioning optimally. For best results, remove leaves, grass, and dirt from the space around the system. You should also avoid planting flowers or vegetables too close to the unit if you have a garden.
- Have a Del-Air Expert Inspect and Provide a Tune-up to Your AC: Periodic tune-ups help keep your AC performing well while minimizing operating costs. Just as you seek regular vehicle maintenance, it’s important to have your AC inspected and serviced regularly.
Call Del-Air for Expert AC Service
The fact is that not all Tampa air conditioning technicians are created equal. For the best results, be sure to use an experienced and licensed professional to help get your air conditioning unit ready to pass an inspection. When you call the technicians at Del-Air at
(855) 972-9943, you can be rest assured knowing that the people coming to your home are experienced and capable and that they’ll leave your property in just the condition they found it. Count on us to treat your family just as we would our own.