Now that the hot summer months of Florida are winding down, it is time to have the Tampa air conditioning technicians at Del-Air inspect your AC unit to ensure everything is working the way it is supposed to be. After all, you want to feel confident that your system will function appropriately when the cold weather hits. Fortunately, Del-Air offers a thorough, 20-point inspection on all HVAC systems so that, if there is a problem, it will be solved right away, and you won’t have to deal with a unit that doesn’t work. Here are some of the things our technicians do during this 20-point evaluation:
- Check the System for Proper Refrigerant Charge: When was the last time you checked the level of refrigerant in your HVAC unit? Refrigerant is responsible for cooling the air in your home. Hence, it’s essential to evaluate your refrigerant charge regularly and make any necessary adjustments. Because a low refrigerant charge often signifies a leak, it’s best to have the professionals at Del-Air perform this key task for you.
- Check the Compressor and Fan Amps: Loud motor operation and hard starting are just two signs of a failing compressor. If you notice these or other issues, be sure to arrange for a technician to check the compressor and fan amps in your unit.
- Check and Clean the Condenser Coil: Condenser coils function as heat exchangers in your system. When condenser coils break down, the result is a loss of efficiency. Cleaning your coils on a regular basis doesn’t just enable your AC to run cooler, but it also reduces the amount of energy the system is expending. This leads to lower utility costs.
- Check the Capacitors: Is your unit tripping fuses? If the compressor is in good working order, but your AC is still experiencing problems, the issue may be with your capacitors.
- Check the Contactor Points: Contactor points are widely regarded as weak points in the AC’s condensing unit. To protect this part of the system, arrange for one of the Del-Air techs to examine the contactor points and tighten the wire lugs as needed.
Rely on Del-Air to Meet Your HVAC Needs
Failing to maintain your HVAC unit can leave you vulnerable to numerous issues throughout the year. If you want to keep your family comfortable through all four seasons, don’t hesitate to schedule a tune-up at Del-Air. Not only are our technicians highly trained, but we also offer over 300 fully-stocked trucks so you don’t have to worry about waiting around for help to arrive. For more info on our Tampa air conditioning services, call (855) 972-9943, or book your appointment online.