- Accessibility: One of the many reasons to consider a Wi-Fi thermostat is to make use of the enhanced accessibility it offers. Because your thermostat is connected to the Internet, you can read and set your home’s temperature from anywhere in the world. All you need is access to a smartphone or laptop to control your thermostat on the go.
- Easy Programming: Unlike older thermostat models, the new Wi-Fi-enabled systems are incredibly easy to program. With the touch of a button, you can raise or lower the temperature in your home. Additionally, you can set different levels for weekdays and weekends as well as the times you’re on vacation.
- Money Savings: Many of us forget to turn the thermostat up or down when we leave for work in the morning. Not only does overusing your AC result in higher utility bills, but it also increases your family’s overall carbon footprint. One of the best reasons to install a Wi-Fi thermostat is that you can limit energy spent while protecting the Earth for future generations.
- Coordination: A coordinated system, the Wi-Fi thermostat acts as a replacement for existing thermostats while optimizing run times for HVAC systems and sending diagnostic data to the servers.
- Habit Adapting: Need another reason to switch to a Wi-Fi thermostat? The latest systems are habit adapting, meaning that they learn your energy-using behaviors and adapt their cooling output to meet your needs. In the long run, you can save energy along with your valuable time.
Installing Wi-Fi enabled thermostats in the home offers numerous benefits for American families. Not only do smart thermostats maintain temperatures to within two degrees, helping preserve your health and comfort, but they also offer a number of additional advantages for homeowners looking to cut energy costs. Here are some of the many benefits associated with installing a Wi-Fi capable thermostat brought to you by the Tampa air conditioning service leader, Del-Air: