As Florida residents ourselves, the Tampa air conditioning service team members at Del-Air Heating and Air Conditioning are no strangers to seasonal allergies. And while many Tampa homeowners suffer from this annoying condition, few people are sure of exactly what contaminants are making them ill. Here are the top 5 allergens that Floridians can thank for causing all that unpleasant sneezing:
- Dust. Along with excessive sneezing, dust can result in coughing, wheezing, itching, and shortness of breath. Additionally, dust can be a serious issue for those who suffer from asthma. Those with a serious dust allergy may want to consider removing their carpets and taking steps to reduce humidity in the home.
- Mold. A serious allergen for many Floridians, mold grows well in warm, damp spaces. Fortunately, installing a dehumidifier can do a great deal to dispel this threat.
- Pet Dander. Dander from cat and dog fur can trigger both asthma attacks and allergic reactions. Along with keeping pets off the furniture, families can cut down on pet dander allergies by vacuuming regularly and replacing air filters on a regular basis.
- Pollen. An allergy to pollen causes a number of symptoms including sneezing, itching, hives, and even swollen eyelids and breathing problems. Fortunately, cleaning out and replacing air filters on a regular basis can help reduce pollen and keep family members healthy.
- Pests. Is your home infested with cockroaches and other pests? If so, they may be causing your family to suffer allergy and asthma attacks among other problems. For this reason, it’s essential that you seek out the services of a professional exterminator to eliminate pests and preserve your family’s well-being.
Fight Back Against Seasonal Allergies with Del-Air Heating and Air Conditioning
Can’t manage to get a handle on your allergies this season? Don’t hesitate to speak to a Del-Air Heating and Air Conditioning representative about your HVAC options. From purchasing a new AC unit to installing special filters in your existing system, we can help you try to get your allergies under control without sending your utility bills skyrocketing. Call (855) 972-9943 today for more information or schedule an appointment with our Tampa air conditioning service experts online.